The Illinois Institute of Technology has announced plans to convert its Main Building at 3300 S. Federal Street from administrative offices to residential apartments. Designed by Patten & Fisher in 1891 and completed in 1883, the redbrick structure is one of the Chicago’s finest examples of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture. The building was originally home to the Armour Institute, a technological trade school financed by Philip D. Armour of Armour and Company meatpacking fame. Though landmarked by the City of Chicago in 2004, the Illinois Institute of Technology Main Building has faced serious facade issues over the past several years which led to its inclusion on Preservation Chicago’s list of most endangered buildings in 2015. It was about that time that the Illinois Institute of Technology began courting developers to save the crumbling landmarked structure by way of adaptive reuse.